Friday, June 08, 2007

Post-post telephony upgrade and abdominal exercises...

Well, the internet connection is staying stable, never dropping to below 10.5dB SNR on the router,
definitely looks like i've removed that little gremlin.

I'm currently in a state of abdominal overload (probably not as bad as it sounds!). I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last few months (about 3 stone) on Slimming World (a diet regime I can whole-heartedly recommend, by the way, it's not calorie counting like some other diet regimes, but a "eat as much of the right type of food as you want" diet), but the stomach area still needs a bit of toning (really fancy that washboard six-pack that all the fellas in the movies have...).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was watching the shopping channels about a fortnight ago,
and saw a section on the Ab Lounge XL Pro, a kind of "make sit-ups a lot easier" type device, the effectiveness of which was being extolled by various amazingly fit people ( the kind of people who sit around on sunny beaches all day and look good ). So, a quick google search later, and I found the cheapest option to be Mochea.com.
Another quick entry of the credit card details, and I was ready for my new lifestyle as the new Baywatch lifeguard that gets his pick of the lovely ladies..... (well, almost!).

It arrived about 3 days later, and I've been using it every night for the past 4 days. What an amazing bit of kit! You only need to do about 20 crunches and you really feel it. Anyway, i've got to the point where I'm doing about 150 crunches a night now, and frankly I'm feeling great.
BUT... my stomach muscles feel as though they're going through ten rounds with Ricky Hatton (good luck against Castillo in Los Angeles on 23rd June, Ricky!). Anyway, that's enough of my abdominal escapades....

Nothing much else has happened really. Couldn't get into second life last night, for some reason couldn't connect at all, just hung at the login page. I know that the main grid has had some
login and performance problems recently, but other people seemed to connect ok.. I must have just been unlucky. Managed to connect tonight okay, but wasn't on long.. too busy trying to get a stomach I can wash the towels on... ;-)

Oh well, catch up with you all later.

No comments: