Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Second Life (or lack thereof)

It's unbelievable how you mention a popular site / MMORPG (well, it's not technically a game....) like Second Life, how many responses you get saying people want to meet up online. Thanks to all who emailed, i'll see you in SL asap. The reason why I say ASAP is that a new version of the SL viewer was released today (1.15.0.2) (which i've been keen to see if it fixes any of the annoyances (mostly performance related which really seems to affect the linux viewer, I haven't tried it on Windows) that detract from an otherwise great experience), but the production grid is having login difficulties, hence no-one can access it. The beta grid is available, though, so anyone having serious SL withdrawal can at least get some kind of fix.

On a TV / film front (and I realise that I haven't blogged about telly for quite a while), I've recently got very much into the Catherine Tate show. While I realise that I jumped on the tate bandwagon a few months later than most people, I find the show utterly fantastic. Cleverly written and performed by one of the funniest comediennes I have seen since Victoria Wood came on the scene, it's just so utterly watchable (which is one of the best compliments you could give to a TV series of any kind). To anyone who cares to disagree (and I know she's got her fair share of critics), "How VERY dare you!". Absolute class.... "Dirty, Evil...."

No comments: